Robby and I are very discouraged right now because we've had a major setback in our adoption process. The Haitian consulate has decided that there are more documents that need to be authenticated, notarized, translated and legalized. This is a new law that is affecting everyone going through the adoption process. Needless to say, we are VERY discouraged right now since we thought we were on the last U.S. step (the work we could do). We're not starting over, but we have to take several steps back. Blah.
Robby reminded me that God's timing is perfect and I do believe that with all of my heart, but I feel like I was almost about to give birth and the doctor said, "Oops. We messed up. Your due date isn't for 3 more months." It just stinks. There's nothing we can do about it except comply and do the work.
This morning, as I was thinking about it and just grumbling to the Lord (He can take my grumbles!), I thought about this:
the Haitian government could say, "You need to charter a private rocket ship, fly to the moon, collect moon rocks, and bring them to us to meet your adoption requirements," and you know what? We'd do it! We'd do anything for our baby girl! So, some extra paper work is worth it and we will persevere.....stay tuned!
2 comments:
We've been talking about how God is very good at matching up the right babies with the right mommies, and maybe he had to tweak the schedule on this deal to make the perfect match. He always know what He's doing, even when we don't... I'm praying peace and patience for you, girl!!
I'm sorry, Amy! :(
Amen to Robbie's comment on God's timing! Praying for you and wishing His peace and provision during this time.
Love you!
Post a Comment