How can 7 days seem more like 14? Some weeks are just like that. This has been a rough week for me. I have a good friend who has been hurt in so many ways and God placed me here to help her. It's just so hard to see a friend hurt. I am thankful that I am able to help her, but I have experienced such a range of emotions through this journey.
Something that I've been mulling over a lot this week:
It's not fair that innocent children have to suffer the consequences of their parents' sins.
I know that seems very whiny and immature saying, "it's not fair", but it isn't. I also know that children all over the world are suffering every day, but when they are kids who are close to you and you experience the suffering up close, it hurts in a REAL way. It hurts my heart. I want to take them and hold them and hide them. If only I could.
It's no coincidence that our memory verse for this week focused on God being "over every power and authority". He is on His throne and He is in control and I am resting in that. I have been on an emotional roller coaster this week, but He has continually brought me back to this truth. He is God. I am not. Period. End of story.
In other news: the State of Oklahoma is on my "naughty list" tonight. They sent Robby's birth certificate back saying we didn't send enough money. I went back to their website and double-checked and it CLEARLY says $10 for a certification. 2 more steps back. So, now I will mail it AGAIN on Monday with $20. The other 7 documents are at the Secretary of the State of Texas office. My money's on Texas. They will get back to us long before Oklahoma's. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment