

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17
2 Corinthians 5:17
Our family is celebrating and rejoicing today and so are the angels in Heaven. Luke burst into the living room at 7:00 this morning and said, "I have some exciting news! I asked Jesus into my heart last night!" I was so surprised and overjoyed at the same time. Of course, I was skeptical that he really knew what he was doing, so I asked him lots of questions and he answered them all perfectly. I have no doubt in my mind that our little boy was changed last night. He said, "I even faced toward the window when I prayed, like Daniel!" (We have been studying the book of Daniel and when Daniel prayed, he faced his window, which looked toward Jerusalem, his hometown. This was customary for those in captivity.) That's my Luke. Never missing a detail about anything. Oh, I left something out. When he told me he prayed, he used the words "that very night", which is also from the book of Daniel. King Belshazzar saw the hand writing on the wall and died "that very night". Details like that always seem to stick in Luke's mind.
For breakfast, we put a candle in a blueberry muffin and sang Happy Birthday to him. I told him October 26, 2011 is his "Jesus birthday" because he has been born again.
He is VERY excited about being baptized and ready to go talk to our pastor. He was telling everyone at Bible study about his new birth day and our teaching director even talked about it during her lecture.
Not that this is at all about me, but....
God just really used this to humble me. See, we are in the prophecies of Daniel right now and they are STRANGE, to say the least. Beasts with horns and 10 heads and wings. It can all be so overwhelming and so confusing. I have just been asking God all week what the point of studying all of this was. I just want to move past it and that's not right because it IS God's word. After Luke's salvation experience, God gently reminded me that He can use ANY part of His word to bring His children to Himself.
Good is good. The angels in Heaven are rejoicing....and so are we!
P.S. Sorry the pictures are out of order. Not sure why they uploaded like that.
For breakfast, we put a candle in a blueberry muffin and sang Happy Birthday to him. I told him October 26, 2011 is his "Jesus birthday" because he has been born again.
He is VERY excited about being baptized and ready to go talk to our pastor. He was telling everyone at Bible study about his new birth day and our teaching director even talked about it during her lecture.
Not that this is at all about me, but....
God just really used this to humble me. See, we are in the prophecies of Daniel right now and they are STRANGE, to say the least. Beasts with horns and 10 heads and wings. It can all be so overwhelming and so confusing. I have just been asking God all week what the point of studying all of this was. I just want to move past it and that's not right because it IS God's word. After Luke's salvation experience, God gently reminded me that He can use ANY part of His word to bring His children to Himself.
Good is good. The angels in Heaven are rejoicing....and so are we!
P.S. Sorry the pictures are out of order. Not sure why they uploaded like that.
1 comment:
I am very excited for Luke and for you. God's blessings and God's timing are always amazing and perfect. Amy, you and Robby are doing such an awesome job raising your boys in the faith. I continually thank God for your faithfulness and for the witness you and your family are to so many. Thanks be to God!
Post a Comment