The girls went home today. They were here almost exactly a month. I am really going to miss those little munchkins. I am so thankful that they are just 5 minutes down the road. If they lived far away, it would've been much more sad. Their Mom is doing great and I am excited about their future. I pray that we'll always have a relationship with them.
The boys were WAY too celebratory. They are glad to have things back to "normal". I know it was hard on them, but they were troopers for the most part. I think they will be getting a lot more sleep now that they won't be having their bedtime party together every night.
When we were eating supper tonight a sweet conversation happened.
Luke: "So, where are they?"
Me: "Where are what?"
Luke: "The blessings. You said God was going to bless us for taking care of the girls."
Me: "He will. You have to be watching at all times. Be on the lookout because He is going to send blessings our way because we obeyed Him."
Luke: "You know what I think the blessing is going to be? Gracie. I think she's going to get here really soon!"
Me: (no longer talking because there's a lump in my throat)
During the last month, there have been times that I have gotten frustrated because of the "lost" time with our adoption paperwork. The immigration papers have been just sitting here for 2 weeks waiting to be mailed with a check. But, God has reminded me during those times that He can very easily make up for "lost" time. We have no idea what blessings He has in store for us. All I know is that every time we have followed Him in the past, He has blessed our socks off! I have no doubt that taking in those 3 little angels this past month was just simple obedience. We are watching....
No comments:
Post a Comment