10.04.2011

"Did You Ever Really Miss New Orleans?"


...or something like that. Can't really remember the exact title of the song. We spent last weekend with my mom's side of the family (almost all of them!) in New Orleans. It was our first time in the Big Easy. We had a GREAT time, but didn't really get any rest. I thought I'd be able to sleep late on Saturday and was really looking forward to that, but my dear sweet Grandpa was at our door at 8:00 AM. I left Robby in bed and went for benets (no clue of the correct spelling here) at Cafe Du Monde. Yes, it was worth it. Not a Krispy Kreme hot off the presses, but still yummy. We toured the Garden District, did some shopping, and enjoyed lots of yummy, yummy food. The live jazz at Preservation Hall was worth the whole trip! Amazing music! Bourbon Street scared me, honestly. Total insanity.

We came home feeling very refreshed and rejuvenated. Reality hit hard when we got off the plane and drove directly to Wal-Mart to grocery shop. Shopping with my hubby is a DATE because it's soooo much easier than shopping with six kids! We filled two buggies, but I won't have to go back for a while!

All 6 were back home on Sunday night. We pulled into the garage and Dalila yelled, "We hoooommmeee!!!" So precious. They all mobbed me when I went to pick them up. I'm so thankful that God has made them so comfortable here and that they feel our love. It makes it all worthwhile.

The boys have started watching old "Dennis the Menace" episodes. In one episode the mom is putting Dennis to bed. Dennis asks his mom, "Mom, why do you say, 'Thank goodness' when you tuck me in instead of 'Good night'?"
I do feel that way by 8:30 every night. God is good and He is renewing our strength day by day.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh dear, sweet friend. Y'all have been much in my prayers of late. I'm glad you had a weekend away. To think you were only a short (relatively speaking!) drive from my house! --but that's selfishness talking. Lord willing, I do hope we get to meet again...and in the meantime, it's a joy to know that you too have found the amazing joy and grace He gives when we are radically surrendered.