4.23.2014

"I yuv you!"

(Just a preface before I start: I'm keeping this blog mostly as a journal for us and because some day I'll share it with Grace. So if you just like the cute pictures, skip to the bottom because this will be wordy!)

The best part of today was actually the sad part of taking her back to the nursery tonight. She gave us both kisses on the lips followed by "I yuv you." Melt my heart. That was the moment I wanted to bolt for the door with her and run as fast as I could. Oh, this is tough. She loves us. We love her. Why can't we just be together? 

It was a GREAT day. We spent all day playing with her and just had to take her to the nursery for lunch. We brought her a doll and that was the best idea ever! Today I got a taste of how differently girls play compared to my monkey boys. To say she loves her "bebe" is an understatement. She talks to her like she's real! It's the most adorable thing. We spent probably an hour just undressing the baby, redressing her, and doing her hair. I brought Grace some dresses so I could play dress-up with MY doll. :) She was very excited to put her dress on and then wanted to put the shirt/pants she had been wearing on the doll. Off and on, back and forth we went. Then, she pulled all the barrettes out of her hair and wanted them in her doll's hair. After that, she'd sit the doll down in the chair and tell her to smile (suni) for the camera. She said a lot of other things to the doll that I didn't understand. So, dolls will definitely be a hit! 

We got to take her for another walk. She is so interested and observant of what other people are doing. There were quite a few people in the street and she'd just stop and stare at them. Then, walk a little further and stop to look back at them. When she got tired, she let Robby carry her the rest of the way. That was precious! 

am not worried about her fear of strangers. It will actually be pretty helpful in her attachment process. Many times, kids from hard places will go to anyone and sit with anyone because they've been cared for by so many random people. Not this girl. She has had one very sweet grandmotherly volunteer here. That's a whole other blog post. Marguerite is a blessing from the LORD. 

Another highlight of our day was FaceTiming with the boys and Nana and Poppa. I think Jonah enjoyed it the most. He even went and got an Elmo book to read to her and she went NUTS over Elmo...so very excited. She's obviously been exposed to him before. The boys loved seeing her in action. This was also the first time we heard her say, "I love you." Jonah said it to her and she said it back. So so sweet. I'm so thankful we got to do that. 

Another thing Gracie loves is dogs! There are 3 dogs at the Main House here...a Great Dane, a dachshund, and a shepherd. She yells commands at them and gets so excited around them. Our dogs will just have to learn to obey Creole commands from one bossy little girl! 

I am so very thankful for the time we've had here with her. When they told us how long to stay, I was thinking it wasn't very long. But, I feel like we've gotten a lot of good, quality time with her. We'll have a few more hours in the morning and then we leave at 10am. 

Leaving will be hard, but we trust the LORD to bring us back together FOR GOOD in just a few short months. 

God is good and everything He does is good. Psalm 119:68

No comments: