4.16.2014

Haiti, here we come!

Whew....what a day! You know how you have those days when you never could've predicted when you woke up that morning how it would all play out? Yep, that was today. I knew I was baby-sitting a friend's kids. I knew it wouldn't be a "normal" day. The cat had to go to the vet with what seemed to be a broken leg and school did not look like it was going to happen.

While I was at the vet, Robby called and said, "They're asking us to travel NEXT WEEK!"
What?
After months and months of waiting and nothing, things started happening like fireworks. GLA could not book our appointment with the courts until we gave the ok. Once we gave the ok, they would book the court appointment and then tell us when to travel. After a few hours, we received the court appointment and then were told to find a flight itinerary. Another way God's timing is always perfect....Robby was able to spend a while online researching all the different flight options. During the busy season, that would NOT have happened.
Long story short (too late for that, huh?), we found an itinerary, GLA approved, and we booked it. We fly into Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Sunday, April 20 (Easter Sunday). Monday morning, we will fly to Haiti and arrive in Port au Prince at 8AM. We leave Thursday afternoon, April 24,  and get back to Dallas late that night.

This is REALLY happening. That's what kept playing over and over in my head all day. We are REALLY going and I will REALLY get to cover my baby girl with kisses.

God is good and everything He does is good. Psalm 119:68

No comments: