Today we flew from DFW to Ft Lauderdale, Florida. We will try to sleep a little tonight and be at the airport by 5:15. Our flight arrives in Port au Prince about 8:00am.
On the plane today I was listening to Anthony Evans' version of "How He Loves". Powerful lyrics. "If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking." The LORD just used that time to remind me that if He hadn't loved me first, called me, and adopted me into His forever family, then I wouldn't have the blessing of adopting Grace. I am adopted. Plain and simple. I was an orphan and He rescued me and bought me with a price.
People say we're doing something good. They try to praise us for our efforts. The truth is we don't deserve any of that. Even the cab driver from the airport who was just chit chatting about our trip said, "That's a really good thing you all are doing." Yes, it is a good thing. But that's not why we're adopting. It's the Gospel. Plain and simple. He loved us first.
How can you love somebody so much even when you haven't met them? It's true. Grace has our hearts and she's never even met us. Tomorrow we finally get to show her how much she is loved!



No comments:
Post a Comment