Last Thursday (May 9), we were on our way home from Six Flags and I checked my email on my phone. I NEVER do that, but just felt like I needed to. Lo and behold, there was an email from our agency explaining the hold up with our dossier.
IBESR is requesting an additional document on Grace's birth mother. Anytime this has happened in the past, GLA has been able to provide documentation. Just a glitch. They tell us their lawyer is on top of it and working diligently to get it accomplished.
For some reason, it gave us peace to know there's a reason for the hold up. A reason that everyone else is outta there and meeting their babies and we're stuck. I got a message from another Mom in my super-duper wonderful Facebook group and her dossier is being held for the same reason. I guess it's good that they want to make sure every i is dotted and every t is crossed.
Of course, this makes me wonder. We have prayed from the beginning that we would only have to make one trip---meet Grace, go to court, bring her home, the end! As it stands now, we have to go twice. Is God holding our dossier while the law is changed? Yes, the Haitian government is currently meeting and making changes to the law. What is God up to? I love to wonder! : )
Keep praying, warriors! Your prayers are being heard! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment