5.28.2013

Hellooooo, Summer Vacation!

We wrapped up our 3rd year of homeschooling last Wednesday. It's hard to believe that I will have a 7th grader, 4th grader, and 2nd grader next year. Where have my babies gone? This was probably the hardest year, so far, as we dealt with the challenges of educating a pre-teen that already knows everything. And that's all I'll say about that.

We wrote "Summer" acrostic poems on our last day. I love their creativity!


Luke's Poem:

Sun cats lay in the sun
Underwater cools me off
Making frozen yogurt--yum!
Men don't work too hard in summer
Every kid likes to play.
Room service at a hotel

Jonah's Poem:

Sun's hot. I'm cool in the pool.
Under the shade reading a book
Melting ice cream--yum!
Making a sand castle at the beach
Eating hot dogs with friends
Running laps around the house



Mom's Poem:

Sunshine hot, beaming down
Underwater in the pool
Making popsicles to keep cool
Melting ice cream in my cone
Eating picnics at the park
Riding the tube behind the boat

It's going to be a great summer! No big plans for us. Probably lots of boating, swimming, and camping--just the way summer should be!

No comments: