"A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul..." Proverbs 13:19 God has already fulfilled many longings in our lives, but there are still many yet to come.
5.04.2013
After the Airport
I dream about the airport. That's my happy dream. We are bringing Grace home and all of our family is there to meet her. It will be the first time the boys meet her and we'll be a family of SIX. Lots of happy tears and hugs. That is what I dream about.
Please understand that Robby and I are not going into this blindly. We have read lots of books and been counseled by a wonderful agency. This will not be walk of sweet smelling roses all of the time. Teaching an orphan what it's like to function in a family is tough stuff. All she's ever known is living in a large place with lots of little people and some big people who come and go.
Anyway, I read this and it so summed up what we already know and believe. I'm just not as good at saying it as Jen is. There are tons of adoption blogs out there, but Jen is one of my favorites. Her writing is superb and she is REAL.
Take some time to read "After the Airport".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment