4.30.2012

Decision Making

Our pastor preached a sermon today and I have a good friend who needs this wisdom right now. So, this blog post is for my friend, but I pray it will bless everyone who reads it.

Here's his list of the 5 steps to take when making a decision:

1. Eliminate unbiblical options.
"I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

2. Pray for God's wisdom.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

3. Yield to the Holy Spirit's leading.
"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.  He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you." John 16:13-14

4. Get Godly counsel. 
"Make plans by seeking advice.." Proverbs 20:18

5. Trust God's sovereignty.
"For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:13 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thank you for this! You are so sweet to do this for me! We made an offer on a house in MP today. We are all in...