I started this post and realized I have posted before with this title. I'm sure it won't be the last. : ) This weekend, we got a newsletter from GLA in the snail mail. These newsletters are better than the Sears catalog at Christmas because they have pictures of every baby at GLA. My 2 favorites (I know I shouldn't, but I do) from the Christmas newsletter are still in there. We have all had fun looking at the pictures and dreaming about which one might be our Gracie. Every child at GLA is beautiful and adorable and I would be honored to be the Mommy of any of them. Haitian people are just beautiful, that's the bottom line.
This week at Bible study, my leader asked me if I had an update to share. I told her that we don't really get updates. We're just waiting on "the" email with our referral. Her comment was, "Oh, I don't see how you are doing it!"
My immediate feelings were just feelings of complete peace. Of course we're doing it. We will wait as long as we need to wait to bring our daughter home. Would I love for it to be tomorrow? Sure! But, God has just been showing me over the past few weeks that there is joy and peace in waiting. Above all, we want HIS child that HE has chosen for us to raise. It's not about a timeline. We will wait on Him. If that means months, we will wait. I would much rather wait extra time and be given HIS perfect gift than rush it all in my time and not get His best (well, not that I could rush it, but ya know....).
So, while we wait, we dream. Having pictures to look at is fun, too. The very idea that we are looking at our daughter's face without knowing she's our daughter is just strange. Yet, I've taken that newsletter out of the envelope over and over all weekend and gazed at those pretty faces.
Meanwhile, FIVE more weeks of school!!!!! We are all ready for a summer break. I have been reading about the idea of year-round school. It just makes so much since on so many levels. Last summer was very hard on the boys. Kids who GO to school every day for 180 days are ready to be at home and enjoy the break. Kids like mine who are home every day, but with a school routine, don't really know what to do with themselves when there's no routine. I can lay in the hammock and read all day, but they can't handle that. The idea of starting school back up in July when it's 150 degrees and breaking in October when it's nice weather again is appealing. Most year-rounders school for 9 weeks and take 3 weeks off. Still thinking on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment