11.26.2014

America's Newest Citizen!

When we landed in Miami last night, Grace became America's newest citizen! We couldn't have asked for a better flight experience. She did SO great. When we had to put her in her own seat to buckle, she got upset, but a sweet flight attendant told me I could hold her (as long as nobody else saw us!). So she chilled in my lap, ate a few snacks, and sucked her fingers for the entire flight. She fell asleep right before landing so we waited while everyone else got off. Then, we had to wait for an hour and a half in customs! Again, she couldn't have been better. One sweet memory was when she took her little finger and rubbed some of my lipstick off, then rubbed it on her lips. I asked her if she wanted some and of course, she did. So, I got my lipstick out and put a little on her lips. She smiled the biggest smile. She copies everything I do. No pressure! She is just so chilled and laid back. She is very aware of her surroundings and always interested in the other people around us. But she never had a meltdown or got upset for any reason. The LORDs peace was definitely comforting her.

We finally got to the hotel room around 9:00. She ate a few crackers and had a bath. I filled the tub with about an inch of water and she even sat down. She held tightly to the sides of the tub the whole time. So many new experiences in one day. She climbed up onto her queen size bed and gave me the biggest grin. Then, she was out. It was a wonderful day and when the customs agent handed us her passport and said, "Welcome home!" It was finally finished. To God be the glory!


Leaving GLA

I took this selfie of us as we left GLA. She was singing "This is the Day" in Kreyole. It was so so precious. I just love listening to her little voice. She is a singer!




These two pictures are from GLA. I'm so thankful we were there with the Penners. We've been Facebook friends for over two years now and the came to pick up their daughter, Jenilia. Grace loves her and it was great to have a translator, too. 

No comments: