3.31.2012

The Hamster Campaign


For over a year now, Luke has asked for a hamster. I. don't. do. rodents.
I'll have 3 dogs (we do), 2 frogs (we really do), and 3 cats (yep, we've got those, too), but I just can't do the rodent thing. (I think it's genetic, right Mom?)

HOWEVER, this campaign has reached new heights and I'm really struggling. Luke got out my old typewriter and wrote me the letter you see here. It's "the only thing" he wants for his birthday. Sigh.....

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hamsters aren't so bad! Aaron got one for his ninth b-day and she was a good pet for 2 years, and then we got one for Daniel and we had him for just 10 months when he went to hamster heaven. Anyway, the girl hamster didn't have a smell, but the boy did, so I vote for a girl, if you do give in. Also, and the main point of this msg: we are over the hamster thing, so if you do get one, you can have all our "stuff". We have the 3-story "hamster condo" with all the tubes and toys and stuff, and at least a year's supply of food and bedding and treats. I think they both enjoyed their hamsters but now that they're gone, they are not asking for another one. It's like they got it out of their systems. Also, we have the hamster potty. Don't laugh! It's real, and it works. Then you just change that and you can go months without doing the whole clean out the cage thing.