11.17.2011

Hopeful Morning



I have to write about the precious way God encouraged me this morning. On our way to Bible Study, my iPod was on shuffle. God has always spoken to me in very powerful ways through music, but I just love how he used the "shuffle" feature to bless me today. : ) First, the Steven Curtis Chapman song "When Love Takes You In" played. I can still remember where I was the first time I heard this song (sitting in the Hastings parking lot in Greenville). It's a very heartfelt, sweet song that Steven wrote about adoption. If you've never heard it, grab some Kleenex and listen. As I sang along with it, I was just smiling at God and dreaming of our Gracie. I was dreaming about the day in the near future when she will be in her car seat in the backseat with the boys and going to Bible study with us. I just love thinking about her and dreaming about what she will be like. Of course, in my mind, she is the most beautiful little girl that God has ever made. Her hair is always in cute braids or pigtails because I just love fixing little girl hair. : ) She's always dressed cute because I've had 10 years to buy boy clothes (dinosaurs, transportation, or stripes?) and can't wait to buy purple, frilly girly clothes. Anyway, I was just singing and dreaming as I drove.

After that song, the next song that played is a new song by Casting Crowns called "Already There". It's such a beautiful song about how God is not constrained by time. He sees the total picture of our lives and He's already at the end. It just gave me such hope this morning to think about how God already sees our COMPLETE family (whatever that may look like) and Gracie is already in it. He sees me rocking my grandbabies and loving on them like I know I will. There is just so much JOY and comfort in knowing that even as we wait and as we struggle with waiting, this is such a small amount of time on God's infinite timeline.

He WILL bring Gracie home to us and it will be in His perfect time. He's "Already There".

Yes, the story continues, for those of you still with me. All of that happened just in the drive from MV to MP! Our Bible study teacher's lecture was on HOPE. Yes, that's the way God works. He delights in wowing me with His encouragement through other people. It was a very uplifting lecture about crying out to God when we hope for something and just waiting on Him.

As I left the sanctuary, I ran into a homeschooling/adopting sister. When I met her this summer, she told me their story of fostering to adopt and the number of children who have been through their home, but not been able to stay. They have loved a number of children, but had to send them back for various reasons. Well, when I saw her today, she was holding a newborn baby boy and it literally took my breath away! She explained to me how they had friends at church who knew of a girl having a baby that was up for adoption. Now they have Caleb. It brought me so much JOY to see my friend holding that baby and I just felt like God was (again!) wrapping His arms around me and saying, "Just hold on. Your day is coming!"

Today is one of those days that my heart and my arms ache for my baby girl. I want her here NOW and I want to beg God to hurry up.
I am so thankful for His reminders of hope today.
Please take the time to listen to this song and just know that whatever you are going through or whatever you are waiting on God to do, He's "Already There, standing at the end of your life".

No comments: