While we were at the beach, my favorite thing to do was to get up early before the monkeys (some days, they beat me!) and go out on the deck to spend time with God. The beach is my FAVORITE place in the world because I just feel so close to God there. I think about Him being the Almighty Creator that told the water where to stop and set the waves in motion. Just the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and watching them over and over is so therapeutic for me.
So, after talking about the beach with the boys for so long and anticipating this trip for so long, there were many times throughout the week that all I could do was whisper, "Thank you, Lord."
One morning when I managed to sneak out quietly and not wake any monkeys, God led me to Psalm 128. In my Bible, the little subtitle above it is "The Happy Home".
"Happy are those who respect the Lord and obey him. You will enjoy what you work for and you will be blessed with good things. Your wife will give you many children, like a vine that produces much fruit. Your children will bring you much good, like olive branches that produce many olives. This is how the man who respects the Lord will be blessed. May the Lord bless you from Mount Zion; may you enjoy the good things of Jerusalem all your life. May you see your grandchildren. Let there be peace in Israel."
This Psalm spoke to me in so many ways. All my life, all I wanted to be was a wife and a Mommy. I have been that vine that produced much fruit. I am enjoying what I worked for and I am so blessed with so many good things. I was encouraged by the "your children will bring you much good" part, too. I need to remember that every day. Even when I am about to pull my hair out, our boys do bring us much good and I can only imagine what God is going to do in their little lives as they grow to be men. The last part gave me lots to pray about, too, concerning grandchildren. Even though it is a long way down the road, I cannot wait! I'm going to be an awesome Nana!
Anyway, to make a rambling blog short, God is good. We are blessed. The beach was wonderful. I tried to bottle all of this up in my mind so I can go back to my happy place on the deck of our beach house listening to the crashing waves and watching the sunrise. In my mind, I will revisit often.
Anyway, to make a rambling blog short, God is good. We are blessed. The beach was wonderful. I tried to bottle all of this up in my mind so I can go back to my happy place on the deck of our beach house listening to the crashing waves and watching the sunrise. In my mind, I will revisit often.
1 comment:
Beautiful, how did I miss this entry? Thank you for this blessing;)
Post a Comment